ESG at Ascend Broking
‘Environmental’ considers how we use energy and manage the environmental impact on the planet, not only for our business but the impact on our clients’ businesses.
Factors considered are energy efficiency, climate change, carbon emissions, biodiversity, air and water quality, and waste management and responsible procurement.
‘Social’ considers how we foster our people and culture, and how that has ripple effects on the broader community and our clients.
Factors considered are inclusivity, gender and diversity, employee engagement, customer satisfaction, data protection, privacy, community relations, human rights and labour standards. As well as showing support, helping to raise awareness, collecting donations and more.
‘Governance’ considers our internal system of controls, practices, and procedures and how an organisation stays ahead of violations.
Factors considered are the company’s leadership, executive compensation, shareholder rights, bribery and corruption, lobbying, and whistleblower programmes.
We have policies for all major governance factors.
Our GREEN Credentials
- Recycling bins in the office
- ‘Think before you print’ policy to reduce paper
- Printing on recycled paper/materials for us and clients (where budget allows)
- Company travel policy to reduce impact on the environment when driving a car
- Using smart technology to save paper – ie. DocuSign and Ascend 24/7
- Allocated working from home days to reduce carbon emissions
- Energy-efficient lighting
- Recycling water bottles, coffee cups & packaging
- Office supplies, including cleaning products and stationery are eco-friendly where possible
- Ascend Forest – planting a tree for every policyholder
The Ascend Forest
Where are my trees planted?
Time4Trees is a new company established by land restoration specialists, Land Logical and M&M Environmental. Land Logical’s core business is restoring damaged land, such as landfills and other sites that need remediation or decontamination before they can sustain any productive use.
This can typically involve substantial engineering operations using the importation of inert materials to improve ground conditions – and planting lots of trees! And, as a bi-product on some sites, diversification into ‘green energy’ production through, for example, turning methane from landfill into electricity.
Some of the current projects in the UK are based in:
Our simple carbon offsetting client scheme
We will automatically plant a tree for you, offsetting your carbon emissions.
Join us in planting the Ascend Forest as part of our environmental sustainability project.
Trees planted so far: 5,100
Sometimes it’s the little things that count…
Climate change is our greatest threat
But you can help to do something about it! Carbon dioxide is one of the biggest drivers of climate change, and we all know we should be playing our part in reducing and negating carbon emissions.
Tree planting not only helps offset your emissions, but it comes with tons of other benefits, too.
- We completed an ESG company audit and created an ESG Strategy
- We carried out 12 good deeds – one per month in 2023
- We provided 50 Christmas hampers for the local community
- We took part in xxxxxx
- We will continue to research innovative sustainability initiatives for both us as a company and our clients.
- We will continue to support our local community and charities through regular activities, from providing our services to fundraising.
- We will continue to provide work placements for local students.
- We will continue to invest in our staff including Diversity, Equality & Inclusion training.